Sunday, August 26, 2007

Classical Guitar Duo Improvisation in Sibiu

Bob Bales, founder and leader of European House of Art in Romania, introduced me Neil O'Grady a brilliant classical guitarist from the UK. He is a nice man and a great guitarist. Bob wanted us to play together but we did not have time and possibilty to arrange to play some nice classical guitar duo that was written by the good old composers like Mauro Guilliani... It was on Tuesday 21th Aug...

I met Neil at 6pm during the sound check and we improvised on stage around 10... He played first in solo pieces of Villa-Lobos as well as one his own pieces and an English folk song arranged by him for classical guitar. He was singing the song and acompany himself on guitar. It was excellent. I played afterwards in solo pieces of Fransisco Tarrega, Agustin Mangore Barrios and Heitor Villa-Lobos. Then two of my pieces: Bagatelle and Lullaby. I wrote Lullaby for my beautyfull daughter Sarah who I am missing her so much since I did not see her for a long time... My Romanian friend called NIC recorded a lot last night...

We could not really reherse with Neil before the concert and it went very well!! We did an encore another improvisation. Audience liked it, we liked it so it was such a great concert. Neil told me that he knew my name but he did not remember why, when and where...

I have such a nice time in Sibiu in European Capital of Culture!

I will miss this place very much!