Monday, September 3, 2007

Sting and Dowland

As everybody knows Sting released an album last year called Labyrinth. He sings John Dowland's songs on this album playing with a guy called Edin Karamazov - a lutist from Bosnia. I have never heard this name before but I like the family name 'Karamazov' anyway since my favorite writer is Dostojevskij. I have read majority of his works and when I was young I have read Karamazov Brothers and have fallen in love with Fjodor Mihajlovic's works...

I really like Sting's previous works and think that he is an intellectual pop-star singing basically rock and roll, plays on bass and double-bass very well... not that much on classical guitar...

... Spreading classical or renaissance music is important...

... But I had some disapproval with the fact that a popstar sings Dowlands works... Sting is fantastic. I checked listened to these songs on youtube this night and I can say that Sting is a sensible artist who can do anything he wants. If he cannot do that he does not do that. He did this Dowland album on a very natural way that every classical singers should do.

What do I think about Karamazov? He is a professional lute player did his job, nothing special.

My favorite Dowland video by me: Downland's Air.

What do I think about my performance...? Well, I dont think that I am the best person to ask about that but I think I did my job at least...

I started to miss Downland's pieces...